Are You A Mule Or A Queen?
How to Have Others Honor Your Wishes and Value Your Time
• Have you ever wondered why some women are exploited … while others are treated like royalty?
• Do you spend your time listening to your family and friends tell drama-filled stories … when you’d rather be resting or taking care of house chores?
• Do you wonder how some women stay thin, snag husbands, and raise great kids … while others eat poorly, remain single, and are married to their jobs?
• Has it been more than two months since someone cooked for you … or took you out to dinner?
• Has anyone called to ask you how you were feeling over the past month … without needing something?
• Do you worry about what your family/friends/colleagues think … at the expense of making the right choices?
If you feel like you’re getting the short end of the stick when asking these questions to yourself, it’s time to make a change in the way you let others treat you.
Now, in Are You a Mule or a Queen?, Lisa Blackwell sheds much-needed light on a topic that will resonate with many women. This invaluable guide shows all women how to draw clear boundaries between what we would like to do for others and what we must do for ourselves … to keep from losing ourselves in the burdens we unwittingly take on.
Remember: Your time and energy cannot be monopolized and abused by others without your consent. Are You a Mule or a Queen? reminds women everywhere that while you cannot force others to treat you with respect; you can choose the people you surround yourself with. Women need to empower themselves to be treated well, limiting their emotional investment in those who do not, and nurturing the relationships they find more rewarding than draining. In this first-of-its-kind, go to guide, Lisa Blackwell shows women that it is never too late to make the changes necessary to feel like a queen.